Hips: 24 months from the date of the Puppy’s birth.
Elbows: 12 months from the date of Puppy’s birth.
Eyes: 12 months from the date of Puppy’s birth.
Heart: 12 months from the date of Puppy’s birth, such that the Puppy dies from a congenital heart defect within such one year period.Buyer agrees and understands that this Limited Warranty of Good Health is condition upon the Buyer’s full and timely compliance with all of the guidelines, terms and conditions listed in this Agreement.Further Health Disclosures and Limitations for Qualification under Limited Good Health Guarantee:Hips; Elbows:Large breed dogs, such as English Golden Retrievers, have a higher potential for developing structural disorders such as dysplasia. However, with the use of careful and selective breeding practices, such as having breeding parents OFFA Certified for the hips and elbows this risk can be reduced. Nevertheless, the possibility of hip/elbow dysplasia cannot always be fully eliminated, especially if certain environmental precautions are not taken. For instance, the following conditions must be met in order to qualify for the Limited Good Health Guarantee under this agreement.
- The Puppy must maintain a healthy weight and will not become obese at any time. Obesity can greatly contribute to and/or cause, elbow joint, and other problems in large breed dogs.
- There must be no sign of neglect or abuse to the Puppy.
- No injuries to the Puppy have occurred while under the care of the Buyer, such as broken bones, trauma, etc.
- The Buyer has followed through with vaccination requirements and veterinarian visits in a timely manner.
- The Buyer has fed the Puppy a premium quality dog food. We recommend a dog food manufactured in the U.S.A with fresh, human grade ingredients. The best dog food to provide is in our opinion is “Taste of the Prairie Roasted Venison and Bison. Although a puppy may be at its age appropriate weight, feeding the Puppy a poor quality dog food will restrict the Puppy’s optimum growth in his or her muscular-skeletal system as well as all other areas of the body.
- There must be no evidence of abusive or excessive exercising. Over exercising your puppy (under 18 – 24 months) can be very damaging to joints and bones.
- Buyer shall provide official copies of all veterinarian/specialist health records and x-rays, along with OFA (Orthopedic Foundation for Animals) reports to the Seller. The X-rays and official OFA report must show “moderate” or “severe” hip dysplasia, as determined by the OFA. Any other OFA grade or determination will not be eligible for Limited Good Health Guarantee.
- All breeding pairs at Red Fern Companions have been OFA (Orthopedic Foundation for Animals) Certified for the heart. Ideally this would conclude that all puppies born to our OFA Certified breeding pairs would be free from any adverse heart murmur and other congenital heart defect conditions. However, due to factors beyond Sellers control, including unknown/unpredictable genetic factors relating to DNA, Seller cannot guarantee that the Puppy will remain free of murmurs or other defective heart conditions throughout its lifetime. Buyer understands that some puppies have puppy murmurs, which may be present on examination by a veterinarian on one visit, and thereafter may not be present a short time later on a subsequent well puppy visit (or vise versa). Puppies have been known to grow out of murmurs. Nevertheless, Seller represents that he Puppy has been examined by a licensed veterinarian prior to delivery to Buyer and was free from any known murmur or other defective heart conditions; in the event the Puppy is discovered having a murmur or other defective heart condition(s), which leads to the death of the Puppy within 18 months from the date of its birth, then the provisions of this Limited Good Health Warranty shall apply, and Seller shall replace or refund to the Buyer as described and set forth above. Buyer agrees to provide Seller with reasonably sufficient medical evidence (such as a necropsy report) establishing such factors as the cause of the Puppy’s death, and all veterinarian/specialist records relating to the Puppy. If the medical results (or cause of death) are inconclusive, or untenable, then no puppy replacement or compensation shall be made by Seller, even in the event the Puppy may have had a heart condition prior to said trauma. All other Terms and Conditions of this Limited Good Health Guarantee apply to the return and/or replacement of the Puppy.
- For the Applicable Warranty Period described above, Breeder warrants that the Puppy shall be free from juvenile cataracts. No other eye warranty shall apply to the Puppy. An eye examination must be done at Buyer’s expense, by a board certified canine ophthalmologist (CERF) and the result of this examination shall be provided to the Seller. All other terms and conditions of this Limited Good Health Guarantee apply to the return and/or replacement of the Puppy.
- Seller shall have the right to obtain a second opinion on all medical reports given to Seller by the Buyer or Buyer’s veterinarian(s), and Buyer agrees to cooperate with Seller in every reasonable way to allow Seller to obtain such information necessary for such an opinion.
- Included in the Limited Good Health Guarantee, Buyer shall, at Buyer’s expense, provide Seller with positive DNA of the Puppy in order to determine parentage; DNA results shall be mailed directly to Seller from AKC.
Other Genetic or Environmental Conditions/Diseases:
- Buyer is purchasing a purebred dog. Purebred dogs have become purebred from generations of inbreeding and line breeding. This method of breeding is what has created the qualities we admire in the Golden Retriever breed. However, because of the genetic non-diversity, purebred dogs do manifest “common breed weaknesses.” Buyer agrees to familiarize themselves with this breed of dog and understands that upon purchasing a purebred dog, genetic weaknesses will manifest themselves within the breed at some point.
- Therefore, except as otherwise expressly set forth in this Agreement, Seller/Breeder does not guarantee, whether it is rare or common, environmental or congenital, that the Puppy shall be free from any form of genetic diseases, factors, or abnormalities, including but not limited to: skin conditions/ abnormalities, entropions, ectropion, hot spots, thyroid disease, seizures, epilepsy, GDV, cardiomyopathy, vWD, cancers allergies, distachiasis, trichiasis, dermatoses, canine icthyosis, PRA, pigmentary uveitis, vaginitis, ear infections, or other such unlisted condition.
Seller/Breeder shall provide Buyer with AKC (American Kennel Club) paperwork for the Puppy. The Puppy is being sold on Limited AKC Registration unless otherwise noted in the puppy purchase agreement, which means that the Puppy is being sold as a pet and companion animal. A dog with Limited Registration is registered with the AKC but no litters produced by said dog are eligible for AKC registration. Dogs purchased with Limited Registration may not be entered into breed competitions at dog shows. However, they may compete in all other AKC events and are still eligible to receive their AKC Canine Good Citizen Award.
- If in the future Buyer wishes to have the puppy compete in any dog shows, or wishes to use this dog for breeding purposes, Buyer may apply to the AKC to change this designation and to have the Puppy given Full Registration privileges. A fee and special application are required for this change, which fee shall be nonrefundable.
- Breeder is not responsible for lost or destroyed AKC papers once papers have left the possession of Breeder. This includes but is not limited to papers lost in the mail or lost while in transit on aircraft, or eaten or destroyed by the dog or Buyers’ other pets or children.
- Buyer shall assume all costs and time involving replacing any such paperwork.
- When registering the puppy with the AKC, Buyer shall use the prefix Red Fern Companions at the beginning of the dog’s registered name.
Buyer agrees to refrain from breeding the Puppy, either intentionally or unintentionally. If a mating does take place with the Puppy prior to the expiration of the Limited Good Health Warranty and any other warranty of health provided herein, said Warranty shall become entirely ineffective, and no warranty whatsoever regarding the health of the Puppy shall be given by the Seller.
Nevertheless, in the event that Buyer applies to and is granted breeding rights for the Puppy, with prior written consent of the Seller and the AKC, then Buyer agrees to follow the Code of Ethics for the Golden Retriever Club of America. Seller does not, however, guarantee in any way the breeding performance or capability of the Puppy, nor does the Seller warrant that the Puppy will pass the required health certifications or that the puppy will possess or employ the required reproductive capacity.
- Breeder guarantees that puppy has had proper care to date and has been checked by a veterinarian.
- Shot records will be furnished at time of release. If puppy is being shipped, a copy of the shots & deworm records will be shipped to the buyer.
- If within 72 hours of receiving the puppy and he/she is examined by a reputable veterinarian and the health of the puppy is found to be at serious risk of euthanasia or death due to a congenital defect (existing at birth), owner shall notify breeder and provide a written statement from a licensed vet describing puppy’s condition and shall return the puppy and papers to the breeder within three days of the examination. Breeder will replace puppy or refund the full price of the puppy (minus shipping fees).
- This does not include worms, fleas, mites, coccidiosis, giardia, or any other parasites as they are common in dogs and puppies. Breeder assumes no responsibility for veterinarian or shipping fees.
- Breeder is not responsible if puppy contracts a communicable disease after 72 hours leaving breeder’s possession or if they have contracted a communicable disease due to Buyer’s shipping preference. It is very possible that a puppy being shipped via airline will come into contact with other animals. Because of this, they are at higher risk of contracting a communicable disease. Therefore, Buyer assumes all risk of air travel if this is the chosen method of obtaining their puppy.
- Breeder guarantees puppy against any congenital defect that are known for causing death of or making necessary euthanasia until 18 months of age. If NuVet is purchased under breeder INSERT BREEDER NUMBER so that breeder can track usage, then an additional 18 months warranty will be given (3 Years total). If this occurs then breeder will replace the puppy or refund the FULL price of the puppy (minus shipping fees). Breeder will not assume any veterinarian bills.
- Breeder offers 24 month hip and elbow guarantee on any puppy found to have moderate or severely affected hip or elbow dysplasia (again, an additional 18 month warranty given with NuVet usage – 3 year total). The following applies: The puppy must have an x-ray by your veterinarian to confirm the diagnosis and it must be documented by an official OFA consultation. If this occurs then buyer can choose to return puppy for a full refund (minus shipping fees & veterinarian fees), get a replacement puppy or keep the puppy and get a 75% refund of purchase price, not including non-refundable deposit.
- Breeder offers 12 month heart (extended to 3 years with NuVet usage) guarantee on any puppy found to have a severe heart murmur (Grade 5/6 or 6/6). The following applies: The puppy must have a canine cardiologist perform an echogram to confirm the diagnosis. If this occurs then buyer can choose to return puppy for a full refund (minus shipping fees & veterinarian fees), get a replacement puppy or keep the puppy and get a 75% refund of purchase price, not including the non-refundable deposit.
- We reserve the right to have a second opinion from our veterinarian. We also reserve the right to acquire DNA to determine the dog or puppy as one of our lineages.
- Breeder does not guarantee color, size, championship, or temperament of any puppy.
_________ (Initial) To have puppy examined within 72 hours of purchase by a licensed veterinarian to validate puppy is healthy.
_________ (Initial) The puppy is not being purchased for resale and will never be sold to a person, pet shop, puppy mill or agent of same.
_________ (Initial) Buyer is not to register the puppy under any other Pet Registry, besides American Kennel Club (AKC).
_________ (Initial) To provide all annual vet exams, to continue all required vaccine shots as recommended by their vet and proper vet care. It is important the puppy has all puppy shots, and their yearly boosters.
_________ (Initial) No litters can be produced by their dog unless arrangements have been made in advance with Breeder. Your AKC Limited Registration will be given upon pick up of the puppy. If you choose to have your puppy shipped, these papers will be shipped with your puppy.
_________ (Initial) To provide adequate housing away from the elements. Buyer will have a fenced yard or kennel if they dog will be housed outside. Dog will NEVER be left on a chain. The Buyer will groom, train, and care for this dog in the manner consistent with high quality animal husbandry and the regulations set forth by the AKC.
_________ (Initial) The value of the pet for the purpose of this guarantee is solely the original purchase price of the pet, and does not include any additional prices declared by the buyer, such as value of show dog, shipping or training fees.
_________ (Initial) That the Buyer will return their Golden to Red Fern Companions if the Buyer is unable or unwilling for any reason to care for their Golden. Buyer agrees that they will never surrender their dog to a dog rescue, animal shelter or a friend/family member without permission from Red Fern Companions.
_________ (Initial) This agreement shall be deemed consummated in the county of Springville, Utah and shall be governed by the laws of the state of Utah. If for any reason litigations should occur, the venue shall lie in Springville, Utah. Breeder (Red Fern Companions) will not be responsible for any costs associated with this process. To be covered by this guarantee, the following conditions need to apply:
_________ (Initial) Puppy must be owned by original owner named in this agreement.
_________ (Initial) In the case of sudden demise of puppy, breeder must receive a written notice of puppy’s death from owner’s vet, along with a necropsy report indicating cause of death.
_________ (Initial) We strongly recommended buyer to continue to give puppy One (1) NuVet Plus wafer each day which is a powerful antioxidant that gives a tremendous boost to the immune system to prevent skin and coat problems, and creates a defense against over fifty major diseases, including hip and elbow dysplasia, and extending the life span of your dog. This can only be ordered by calling 1-800-474-7044, order code 87590 or goto https://www.nuvetlabs.com/order_new2/login.asp and enter order code 87590.
A sample and brochure on the NuVet Plus wafer is provided. For less than 30 cents a day, you can insure your puppy’s health. If you reference the number we have provided so that we can track your use for
3 years, we will extend our warranty on hips, elbows, eyes, and heart for an additional 18 months. (Combined total of 3year warranty)
LIMITATIONS OF GUARANTEE:
_________ (Initial) This guarantee is non-transferable. The puppy must be in good physical condition.
No replacement will be given if dog has been bred. A licensed veterinarian must do all laboratory verifications. The buyer/owner is responsible for all transportation costs to and from the breeder. The breeder is not responsible for any and all veterinarian expenses accumulated on returned or replaced dog or puppy.
THE FOLLOWING 1 -7 WILL VOID ALL GUARANTEES:
_________ (Initial) Allowing your dog to become obese or underfed at any time.
- Underfed: Ribs are highly visible
- Ideal Body Condition: Can feel and see outline of ribs. Dog has waist when viewed from above. Belly is tucked when viewed from the side.
- Overfed: Dog has no waist when viewed from above. Belly is rounded when viewed from the side.
_________ (Initial) Evidence of neglect or abuse.
_________ (Initial) Previous related trauma (broken bones, related injuries, etc.)
_________ (Initial) Dog has been bred.
_________ (Initial) Feeding this dog anything other than a premium quality dog food Made in the U.S.A. No grocery store or Wal-Mart brands.
_________ (Initial) Evidence of Strenuous Exercise – for example: No treadmill, no jogging, no extensive standing on back of legs or excessive tennis ball chasing and retrieving should be done –especially on slippery floors.
_________ (Initial) Not following our program of supplements “NuVet Vitamins.”(Only applicable for the second 18 months of warranty).
By signing below, you acknowledge that you have received a copy of our Warranty explanation and our New Puppy Packet. This information is valuable to raising a healthy, happy English Golden Retriever dog. You also agree to follow the guidelines and information presented in the packet that was given to you. If you fail to follow the instructions contained in any of the documents that are given, you will void this warranty effective immediately.